Wednesday, February 16, 2011

"Grilled" BBQ Chicken Pizza

With temperatures in the single digits, who wouldn't be dreaming of a balmy summer barbecue?  
Dan and I LOVE bbq chicken pizza...I am not a huge fan of pizza sauce (or substituting bbq sauce for pizza sauce) so I like to use sliced tomatoes instead.  We are however, HUGE fans of pizza on the grill, but I was not willing to get frost-bite in the name of pizza tonight...so I had to think of a way to get that yummy crispy crust inside.




here is what you need:

your favorite pizza dough
4 tomatoes, sliced
1 chicken breast
1 package mozzarella cheese, shredded
BBQ sauce
Olive Oil
Italian seasoning

This is what I came up with...I put a cooling rack on top of a cookie sheet.  I preheated my oven to 450 degrees and I put the pan/rack in to preheat as well.


This is my favorite store bought pizza dough, I stretched it out ahead of time and set it on the counter


I put the chicken breast in a frying pan with a little bit of olive oil, I like to chunk it up a little so it cooks faster.


While the chicken is cooking, slice up the tomatoes.


I just used my flat wooden spatula to dice up the chicken into tiny pieces.  Then add some bbq sauce and let it simmer for a bit.  


Next I sprayed the rack with a little olive oil so the dough doesn't stick.  I have this neat olive oil pressurizer so it sprays out like "pam"


Then I put the stretched out dough on the hot rack...this step was a little tedious, but I figured it out.  I put it in the oven and let it cook for 5 minutes, this is what it looked like when I took it out. 


Next, I slid two spatulas under the dough and flipped it over...


Then (try to be quick so the pan doesn't cool too much) I added the sliced tomatoes and sprinkled with "Italian seasoning".


Then I sprinkled on my cheese, some bbq sauce, and the chicken.


And cooked it for 10 more minutes...


YUM!!




No comments:

Post a Comment